Long Island an unspoiled Island where there is very little tourism development. This is one of the less populated island which offers a calm and peaceful surround to the visitors. Sometime you are likely to be the only tourist here. A perfect destination for those people who generally walk or use by cycles.
How To Reach
Long Island is connected by ferry, these ferries run thrice in a week from Port Blair or by Havelock Island. Another direct boat service is from Rangat Island.
Where To Stay
There are very few staying options in this Island.Forest rest house namely Vanshri and Tapovan are available here, you can book these rest house by sending requisition to the Divisional Forest Officer, Middle Andaman, Rangat (make sure you book it in advance).Meanwhile, Blue planet is the one and only private resort in this Island.
Sightseeing And Activities
There are no motorised vehicles in this island, so you will have to use your feet like everyone does here.
- Long Island offers excellent white sandy beach with unpolluted environment and evergreen forest.
- Lalaji bay beach is the only popular beach in Long Island, it is the most delightful beach where you can see dolphins also. you need to hire a Dunghi or walk for an hour to reach there.
- This island is perfect for those who want to snorkel or sunbathe in complete privacy.
- Tourist can also visit nearby uninhabited islands from Long Islands.
What To Do
- There are plenty of beautiful scuba spots around Long Island.
- A varied and valuable trek exists through the village, fields and forest on Long Island for those travellers who wish to explore.
- You can go to Rangat for a day trip, it’s a lovely boat ride through mangrove creeks.